Contact Monster MTB Challenge
March 18th 2018
Heaps of spot prizes, heaps of fun!!
Check out our Facebook for news.
It is designed to provide a fun, semi competitive event for children to experience the awesome sport of mountain biking. Every entrant receives a goodie bag, every finisher gets a medal, and there are a HEAP of spot prizes!
Each rider can enter one of three different rides:
1) One of the two Fun Rides - Novice (about 2km) or Intermediate (about 5km). All finishers get a medal.
2) The competitive race for their age - they will race against kids the same age and gender, on age-appropriate courses,
with awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and every finisher getting a medal.
3) The Elite Race for their gender. This is where experienced mountain bikers prove their skills over a technical 16km course,
with trophies and prizes for 1st,2nd and 3rd. The record is 49minutes for boys, and 57 for girls. Can you beat that?
There are 5 different courses layed out in the beautiful Craters of the Moon MTB park, on the outskirts of Taupo:
- Blue course, 5/6 year olds - easy, 2km. A short lap of the cruisy Tourist Trap / Piker loop. Click here for full description and map.
- Yellow course, 7/8 year olds - easy, 5.5km. Full lap of the Tourist Trap. Click here for full description and map.
- Green cousre, 9/10 year olds - easy-medium, 8km. A lap of the Tourist Trap / Ferret combo. Click here for full description and map.
- White course, 11/12 year olds -medium, 12km. An exciting course that takes Scraggs to the world class SH Fun, before using Kegresse and Outwards Goods to take the riders back to the end of the Tourist Trap / Ferret loop. A reasonable level of fitness is required for this course. Click here for full description and map.
- Red course, Elite riders 12 and under - medium, 16km. Same as the white course, but adds in the technical Bumble Bee / BBC loop to provide a challenge. Click here for full description and map.
Taking part is an easy three step process:
2) Register. Come down to Top Gear Cycles, Runanga St, Taupo, the day before the ride and register. This is where you'll get your goodie bag and race number plate for your bike.
3) Ride! Finally, on race day, get your transponder issued at the timing tent, head to the start area, and let the fun begin!!